Saturday, November 12, 2011

When painting a bathroom, do you have to use a special paint to withstand heat and humidity?

I am going to be painting my bathroom this weekend. I was wondering if I can use the regular matte finish in there or do I have to get a little gloss so it can stand the heat. I never close my bathroom door because it's inside my bedroom so I just close my bedroom door. It never gets THAT steamy in the bathroom because of that. I am just wondering though. Also, do you think it's nice to also paint the ceiling the same color as the walls? Or should I leave it white? I am doing a light pinkish color.|||Don't use flat paint, I't grows mold really easy. I used to own a painting busines. We always used semi gloss or gloss paint for the bathrooms. I saw some one else recomend Behr paints from Home dept, My advice is not to use it. I found it required a lot of extra prep and even mutiple coats to get good coverage. I like the look of the bathroom walls and ceiling the same color.Good luck|||painting from photo


http://photoartomation.com/Print_Finishing/Photo%20Print.html


http://photoartomation.com/Print_Finishing/Poster%20Print.html


http://photoartomation.com/Print_Finishing/Wall%20Plaque.htm


http://photoartomation.com/Print_Finishing/Digital%20Art%20Images.html

Report Abuse


|||There are paints that state they are especially for bathrooms and kitchen otherwise use a semi-gloss or gloss. I have even heard of special primer you can put on then use regular paint to stop the shiney look that the other paints leave behind.|||Yes, you have to use glossy paint. Never flat. It can't stand up to the humidity. I would leave the ceiling white, but that's just my opinion.|||Use a semi-gloss or even glossy latex paint. It will be easier to clean up.|||There are paints for kitchen and bath and I would strongly recommend using that.You can get it in a matte finish.


I painted my bathroom not long ago and did it all the same color.Ceiling and walls.I really like it and it's the first time I've done that.


Don't use regular paint as it won't stand up in a bathroom.


Good Luck with the painting.|||Behr at Home Depot has a new paint especially for Kitchens and Bathrooms and it works great! It retards mold and the surface it very cleaner friendly. They keep winning awards for the quality of their paint, check them out...

No comments:

Post a Comment