Saturday, November 19, 2011

I have a large bathroom in my office. Is it possible to use an electric power washer to blast away dirt?

I saw one on sale for $200 in Lowes. How can you use an electric power washer indoors and hook it up to the water so I can blast away in the bathroom.|||If the bathroom is in your office, they should have a department called maintenance, housekeeping, or janitor.....They should take care of it. A power washer has too much power for indoor use it can blow the walls out....So call maintenance so you don't lose your job for blowing down walls and save that $200........Plus you asked these question twice in one day, you must have just moved in recently. I suggest if you want to keep your office maintenance is the way........





Think Twice about what you do...........|||it's possible to use a power washer anywhere, but i wouldn't use one in your case. #1 it's too much power and you're going to make a big mess. there's a cheap cleaner called "awesome" that you can get at the 99 cent store or dollar store. it's concentrated. put it on with a spray bottle, and i know it's more work, but use a scrub brush. then rinse with plain water. if this doesn't work nothing will. you get to keep your $200. you won't have to blast away, and you'll get a better job done.|||If you absolutely have to buy something to help you clean the bathroom, purchase a steamer. They are absolutely hell on dirt and won't make as much of a mess as the power washer.|||You can use a power washer to clean everything. The problems arise when the item you are cleaning will not resist the moisture or the power of the spray. I would consider this to be one of those situations where I would NOT use a power washer unless this bathroom is tiled at least half way up the wall all around the room, the entire floor and also has a central floor drain or 2. Then I would consider it and go easy... hold the nozzle at least a foot away from the surface... add some soap for bubbly fun!





Good Luck|||I work in an old Army building where the walls are tile over cinderblock and the floor has a drain. I blast mine about once a month...





But I wouldn't spend the $$$ if I didn't already have one for my deck and concrete. And I definitely would not do it in a building with sheetrock!

No comments:

Post a Comment