Saturday, November 19, 2011

What are your painting ideas for a small bathroom?

I have two small bathrooms with wainscoating (SP?) and I'd like to redo them. I'd like to leave the wainscoating - I plan on painting that white- but how should I paint the walls? Any ideas? I'm open to all colors, but I'd like to make the bathroom seem more open and clean looking.|||Try the white wainscott on bottom with an ivory or light khaki on top - it looks really clean, and you can use decorative accents in almost any color (I like navy, black or red). I have this in my house, and I get compliments all the time.|||Pait the biggest wall purple. Leave everything else bright white. This will give the appearence of a larger room, while adding some demention and color. Periwinkle, sage green, and purple go very well together.|||i think blue or green|||Stay away from dark colors in Bathrooms. Benjamin Moore paints have 2 great colors i like to use called Linen White or White dove they accent white wainscoating nice. Let your accessories color your room.....|||Use a Light Pastel color, one of your favorites. I always like my Bathrooms and Kitchen to look Bright and Light and have that Sunny feel to it.|||Sponge painting has always been my favorite kind of paint technique! I tried it on my bathroom walls and I truly love it. I have 2 tone green tiles, light and dark green textures. I sponge painted the walls in 2 light green colors, one being darker than the other. The tiles are light tan. It makes my bathroom look and feel so fresh.|||Mirrors or mirrored tiles|||I have a very small bathroom. I used a light gray with a nice light border. Gray and white look very clean and airy. I love it.|||fresh coat of white or offwhite paint. you could also use a tan or a light yellow, but i would stay away from any loud colors because loud colors will make your bathrooms unappealing|||We have a really small bathroom that we painted red - I'd call it Chinese red. Mixed with the white porcelain and stainless steel (light fixture/mirror frame) it looks really nice. We also have black tile w/white grout in the room.|||Stick to light, neutral colours for the open feeling that you want - anything too strong will make you feel enclosed. If things then look a bit boring, add little accents of colour with the items that you put in it.





Good luck!|||I found that brighter collers made mine look more open|||to make it look bigger, use lots of mirrors but not on two opposite walls, otherwise youll get a horrible effect. for pain colour i would suggest a really really light shade of lemon/peach/blue








good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment