Saturday, November 12, 2011

For a bathroom renovation, in what order should I do the projects.?

I will be renovating my bathroom soon. I will do new tile around the bathtub, new linoleum, new paint, new fixtures and sink......basically all the bathroom surfaces, with the exception of the bathtub, will be new. I've done all these things (tile, linoleum) before and I am comfortable with it, but I've never done them all together as one complete project. Do you have any suggestions as to where to start and what order to do these things in. Any other advice would be appreciated as well.|||demo


replace plumbing valves, check drains


backing for drywall and tile board


drywall ( greenboard or newer paperless moisture rated drywall ) tile backboard


mud and tape drywall


texture drywall


prime and paint drywall


tile bath tub surround


set vanity cabinet plus vanity top


set sink and under cabinet plumbing


set flooring


set toilet


set baseboards|||I see we may all be very literal here.





Tile around the tub


Paint


(Not knowing if the sink is in a vanity or it's a pedestal, that would matter)


If the sink is in a vanity that would be # 3


Idf the sink is a pedestal Floor would be # 3 Sink last.





Steven Wolf


Just my two "sense"|||Hi!


I need some advice on how and where to begin remodeling my bathroom. I will be doing this project alone and will be my first time. I will like to place tile on the floor. i need to replace the face bowl and cabinet.|||Demolition


Drywall


Mud


Painting


Tile


Linoleum


Fixtures


Sink|||If the plumbing and electrical are in the right locations, I would start with the paint. Then the flooring. Then the sink. This will minimize damage from one step to the other. Just think of the consequences of the mess, and you'll be OK. Good luck. We're always here.|||remove everything first . Use 1half inch cement board to re- sheetrock the tub surround using a proper vapor barior first. tile tub area then wait 24 + hrs then grout then wait 24 plus and use a good sealer. flooring must be in good shape then re- lino. finally replace fixtures and test for leaks using HOT water for at least a few min.

No comments:

Post a Comment