Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I remove hairspray buildup from my bathroom sink?

I frequently style my hair and use hairspray over my bathroom sink, and the spray has left a "residue" on my bathroom sink, which I spray and scrub but it doesn't come off. Any suggestions?|||I USE THE MAGIC ERASER OR SOFT SCRUB AND A SPONGE


GOOD LUCK~|||Wow, what kind of hairspray do you use? I wipe mine down daily with clorox wipes and never have buildup of hairspray. My daughter and i both use hairspray in front of the sink and have never had this problem.|||Vinegar.





Update:





I just read in Good Housekeeping magazine that you can use isopropyl alcohol to clean up hair spray.|||Use Kaboom! This is available at most WalMart and grocery stores for about $4 a bottle. Spray it on and wait about three minutes, then it will come right off.|||anything with amonia in it will work great.|||I don't know, but I do know if you have a bee in your house you can spray it with hair spray and it will turn stiff.|||HOt HOT water soak for a 30 min and scrub with a 409,comet, or tile spray. This works for the hair brushes too!|||Shampoo cleans hairspray out of your hair - it may work on your sink too.





When I was in high school, I used a lot of hairspray and ended up with a film on my glasses. I came to the above conclusion and started showering with my glasses %26amp; using my shampoo to clean them. Works like a charm for me!





Good luck!|||spray bottle, water, couple cap fulls of bleach....





or comet (something abrasive)





caution! not both at once





should do the trick|||try magic eraser|||I use windex and it works great.|||Rubbing/isopropol (sp) alcohol. I saw on Martha Stewart that vodka works well, too.|||Use a sponge and soft crub with bleach.|||Stop using so much hairspray.|||Nail polish remover.|||Rubbing alcohol! It really works.|||Wish I only had your problems in life, lol|||plain bleach should cut through hairspray without any problem, you may want to pour some on a cloth until it is soaked, then lay it on top of the buildup to let it soften, then wipe.|||This happened to my mom. You can use Comet cleaner. It works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment